Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Night Before Christmas...


Jess and I decided we were going to start our own family traditions during the holiday season and on Christmas Eve, we ventured out to the city of Layton to see the beautiful display of lights. There were so many people waiting in a long row of cars attempting to drive through the park to see the lights from the inside of their toasty car. We, however, thought it would be fun to walk around the park to get a better view... little did I know the treat Jess had in store for me!

After walking around the park and seeing all of the animals and characters that were lit up, we headed back to the car (or so I thought) to drive home. The next thing I knew, Jess had the trunk of our car open and was carrying a big duffle bag and two camping chairs?!?! I began to think "what on earth does he have up his sleeve now?" He set up our chairs underneath a big tree in the middle of all the lights and popped out an electric heater, a few bottles of water, some hot chocolate mix and a pan to heat up the water with. "HOW CUTE!" I thought to myself, we were going to drink hot cocoa and watch people come through to see the lights and sit in the snow. It was so romantic. Well... unfortunately, something did go wrong and that was the electric heater was a peice of ... work.... and did not end up coming through for us. So we could not heat up our water. But it did not matter to me one bit; it was such a thoughtful and romantic idea, Jess never seizes to amaze me.... he is so creative when it comes to showing his love for me! It was definitely the thought that mattered most to me... I love my husband so much! =)

4 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

oh wow, he sounds like a sweetheart! That is so cute of him to think of that for you. It sounds like we both have some pretty good husbands. :)... That also sounds like a great tradition. I didn't even know they had lights set up like that in Layton. Sounds like a blast!

chel said...

I am so proud of Jess. He is so creative! What a great husband for my daughter. I love you guys!

Natalie said...

What a fun tradition to start. We love going to see the Layton lights - Our kids always make us walk through instead of drive! Fun times!!!!

CrazyKennedys said...

how precious! Hello....you should have come visit us, we only live up the street from the lights!