Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Wrestling Matches at a Christmas Party?!?

The fabulous Dickson Christmas party was held this past Sunday at Jess' parents house. It was quite interesting as we all gathered together to eat some good grub, exchange white elephant gifts, and enjoy a few delightful rounds of Ultimate Fighting - Dickson style.





This little devil is ranked at the top of my "favorite people" list. Jamel Patton (aka Jess' best friend and best man at our wedding) is one of THE FUNNIEST people I have ever met. He currently lives in Florida and was out visiting us for a couple of days before Christmas. Jess and Jamel can be quite the pair when they are together and there isn't a time that goes by when Jamel comes to visit- where the two of them are not found wrestling eachother.



Well after these two crazy cats battled it out, they decided they wanted to see a few of the Dickson GIRLS wrestle. Yes - that's right, girls wrestling. I thought this was all fun and dandy until Jess wanted me to wrestle one of his sisters. Of course I could not refuse.



If any of you know these Dickson girls- seeing this picture of Julie and Jill wrestling is not the norm. Jill - maybe. Karlee- definitely. Julie - no way would I ever guess she would wrestle! I was quite impressed with how tough Julie was and how she fought to the end, although Jill did come out winning the set of 3 matches victoriously!


Next came my turn to wrestle Jill. Yes that is me on bottom. Yes I did lose, ... all 3 matches.
Everyone was shocked that I lost so poorly, being I am married to a high school region wrestling champ and all.... I think that made Jess a little disappointed that I lost so poorly. Yet at the same time, I know I made him proud that I accepted the offer to wrestle in the first place. It just became a bit frustrating when he was shouting moves at me the entire time; I guess I better learn the wrestling-lingo pretty fast so I can have a rematch with Jill ;0)

2 comments:

Lanae said...

Oh WOW!!! Sounds like we missed out. I'm impressed with you for getting in there Whit.

chel said...

Good try Whit! Living with all girls and McKinli trying to wrestle with you while I was at work must not have been enough. Keep trying!