Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Fudge-Fudge


My grandma Colleen came down to Utah to spend a couple of days at my mom's house while she recovered from a surgery she had last week to remove some skin cancer on the side of her face. I had been asking her for months now to teach me how to make her famous homemade fudge so that I can pass the recipe onto my children and grandchildren one day as well. Thankfully, she was feeling up to the challenge during her time spent with my family and I am so grateful I was able to learn how to make one of my favorite Christmas treats!


Making this fudge really made me miss my Grandpa Taylor. He passed away this past July and my grandma was telling me that he was always the one to help her beat the fudge. You have to lay out the fudge on a marble slab and beat it over and over until it gets thick enough that it won't fall apart and dissolve back into sugar.


She is such an amazing cook - especially when it comes to making candy!



2 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love all the memories I have with my grandparents. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your grandma. (Especially making delicious food!!)

chel said...

It was great to see you get right in there and do it Whit! Grandma was so pleased that you would want to learn!