Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

One quilt down... One more to go!

I'm sure all of you are so very anxious to find out whether or not I ever found a quilting frame ......(NOT)..... that's OK.... I'm proud to say that I did not use a frame whatsoever and still managed to complete this quilt in only a matter of about 8 hours of blood, sweat and maybe a few tears ;)

So here is what the final masterpeice looks like. I chose this fabric that has deer, moose, bears and fish on it because it looks like something Jess would pick out and I made it solely for him to take hunting. (Plus it was an easy grid pattern that I could follow along when I was tying my knots.) He always uses our good blankets to take camping and I figured this way he could always take the same quilt hunting with him and think of me while he was gone =) haha just kidding. But if any of you would like to make a quilt in a short amount of time and don't have a quilting frame handy... just give me a jingle, cuz I've got the secret solution! (Jess' sisters Jill and Julie helped me out with this project tremendously with their sewing skills- thanks ladies)
It's a twin size which I think is just perfect to take camping/hunting. Plus it reminds me of a sleeping bag and it has really thick batting. On to project numero dos - a KING SIZE denim quilt, complete with photos of Jess and I through the last four and a half years together.... which should be finished before his birthday in precisely two months... so I will keep you all updated on pictures... I'm sure you all can't wait! =)

1 comment:

Daniel & Shandi said...

Holy cow go!!! That looks amazing...It turned out really well. You'll have to show me how to make one that good!