Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Birthday Month is OVER!

This post is LONG overdue, but I have been extremely busy with work, photography, school, and life in general. Jess and I had such a great time on our little get-away for his birthday, I just had to post some pictures! Jess had to work on his birthday-day, but I told him to take the following day, (Friday, Feb. 27th) off because I was taking him on an overnight surprise trip. So when Jess finally got home from work, I had our bags packed and anxiously waited while he showered and got ready to hit the road. Right before we left, I let him open his birthday presents, which he LOVED LOVED the quilt by the way! I don't think I've ever been that excited in my life to give someone their birthday present! I also got him a movie, dominoes and a poker set (he'd been wanting both) and some church pants. haha - he NEEDED some new ones!!!
After Jess opened his presents, we went to one of Jess' favorite restaurants for dinner, Famous Dave's. Once we finished eating, we started on the road towards his surprise get-away!!!! I took him to the Anniversary Inn in Logan, UT (which we called the 'Birthday-Inn' while we were there) and stayed in a room that was themed around cowboy/hunting/Wild West/outdoors, which is totally fit for Jess' personality. Our room was called, "Jesse James Hideout."

There was a cool looking barrel that had rootbeer and treats for us when we first walked into our room. There was of course a GIGANTIC bed and huge jetted tub that was next to a big screen TV, a fireplace, and it even had a pool table. So Jess and I stayed up late playing pool, watching movies, and enjoying quality time together. He loved the relaxation time, but little did he know that was only PART of his surprise trip!

The next morning we woke up and I had packed a duffle bag full of our snowclothes. I had surprised him with a 4-hour snowmobiling ride! He was so excited!!! Well our reservation wasn't until one that afternoon, so we slept in late, had breakfast in bed served to us, and went to Pier 49 Pizza for lunch... then started our drive up the Logan Canyon.



We went to a place called Beaver Creek Lodge, which is right down the road from the turn-off to go towards Beaver Mountain Ski Resort, if anyone knows where that is. I had never been snowmobiling before, so I was a little nervous at first, but my New Year's resolution has been to try new things, so by the time we put all of our snow clothes and helmets on, I was totally pumped!!!! It was such a beautiful place to ride around at, the scenery was breath-taking! We only rented one snowmobile, which we both preferred, because then I could protect myself from the crisp, FREEZING COLD wind that hit our face if we weren't riding in the direct sunlight.

It was so fun up there, we had a blast together! There were trails all over the place and then big open meadows that you could play around in. My stomach was practically jumping out of my skin a couple of different times... because I forgot how big of a dare devil Jess is! We went up AND THEN back down some pretty steep hills, and once we even got VERY DEEPLY stuck, and ended up trying to dig the snowmobile out of 3 feet of fresh powder. Needless to say - that part sucked. I didn't realize snowmobiles were THAT heavy!!!!

Yes this is a self-portrait of my husband, with his still-attached "mexy-stache." I just loved the background full of trees in all of our pictures. We found some really cool places up there and we are definitely going to ride up there again because we made some amazing memories over his birthday weekend!


We are just hoping next time we can go with another couple or bring some friends along with us, just in case we have to dig ourselves out of a snowbank AGAIN!
Well now that Jess' birthday month has come to an end, I hope he knows how much I deeply love him and I hope he enjoyed the month of February that was full of birthday surprises 4 him!!!

4 comments:

chel said...

Let me be the first to say what a great example you set for all married (and those of us unmarried) couples! You know how to keep the "Spark" and fun in your marriage. I am so glad you have taken the time to get to know each other and yourselves. I love you both so much and I am always, always so proud of the way you two treat each other and the goals you are accomplishing! Proud Mama! ;)

Daniel & Shandi said...

Holy crap!!!! So much fun!!!! What a great idea. That room looks like a blast. I've never stayed at a "Birthday Inn" before...but really want to. All the rooms are insanely nice and fun.

scott and jessica doman said...

u sure spoil that boy!!! that looks and sounds like a blast! JEALOUS!

Trevor and Sydnee Foulger said...

How fun!!!!!
He is lucky to have such a long birthday month. Maybe we should start that tradition in our family. But like you I would get the bad end of the deal. June 5th. But Trevor's is April 8th, so I guess it would almost be fair. LOL!
We stayed at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. The rooms are awesome. The bath is the best!!!
Looks like Jess really enjoyed himself.