Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snow-shoeing!



This past Saturday Jess and I decided to go snowshoeing to get out of the house for a few hours. Man is it a workout!! We took our pup Harli and had quite the time freezing our tooshes off ... but it made for some great memories!

It was so beautiful with trees surrounding us that were covered in snow... and so peaceful because there was no one else up there! Jess really helped me enjoyed this SPORT last winter when we were able to go at least a dozen times... which is also the way he proposed to me.



So since we were up in that area, we decided to go in search of the very spot that Jess got down on one knee and bawled like a baby... well sort of! =0) The tree that he had carved out, "WHIT WILL YOU MARRY ME" was a little weathered, but you could still make out part of it. Man - I cannot believe it has been almost a year since we were engaged! Time really does fly and I have enjoyed every bit of it with my love!

(The tree behind me in the pic above is where he carved out last Feb.2 before he popped the question)

Our dog was being a bit of a complainer, whining the whole time... she is such a girl! Maybe it was just that this was a new experience for her but we had a good time and enjoyed the fresh mountain air for a change!

3 comments:

Lanae said...

Fun, fun, totally jealous. Tom begs for us to get snow shoes every year for Christmas. When we get them we'll have to all go. It would be AWESOME!!! I need to pick up some winter sports. Then maybe I'd look forward to this blasted time of year.

Sharlene and Matt said...

looks like fun! i always want to go snow shoeing but nobody will go with me cuz its "too much of a workout." well maybe we all need a work out. I guess i will have to wait til i find a husband so i can make him go with me. haha.

Daniel & Shandi said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to go and take my dogs. My friends that go say it is a blast.