Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice-Ice Fishing!

Over the weekend on Saturday, Jess took me ice fishing with him and his bestest friend from high school, Adam Olsen. We went up early that morning to Echo, expecting alot of people to be there... and we were quite surprised! Maybe there weren't that many people because it was raining, cold and not too many bites.... who knows?!

It was my first time ice fishing and I was surprised to find it isn't much different from regular fishing... except the temperatures outside! Thank goodness we brought plenty of clothes to bundle up in, tons of snacks, and most importantly... a good attitude!

Here you can see my teeny tiny hole that Jess drilled with what is called an augger. We tried both nightcrawlers and jigs to see if we could catch something... but we had no luck! Jess and I didn't even get a bite!!!!! We already had our own fishing poles from all the camping/fishing we do in the summer... but we got these nifty LITTLE fishing poles you use just for ice fishing.



Do I look nice and toasty in this picture above? Haha - because I actually was!
I had a really good time because I was with some funny boys and Jess always makes the funniest comments.. especially when he is around his friends! There were also some other groups fishing during the first part of the morning while we were up there who were cooking hotdogs and shared their goods with us!

Here is Jess and Adam... quite the pair! Adam actually caught a good size fish, he was the only one who had any luck that whole day! We ended up leaving after about 3 or 4 hours of no bites... frustrating I know. It started pouring rain on us and we figured since we weren't bringing in fish by the dozen, we better head back home!

I had to get this picture with Adam's catch of the day, since I had no luck whatsoever! Oh well... it turned out for a fun day and I love that my husband is willing to take me along on his fun outings!

6 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

Are you serious??!! That is soooo cool! What a fun thing to do. You both do such fun things together. I've never been ice fishing before. It looks like a blast. The problem is, is that I couldn't pay Daniel a million dollars to go out into the cold to ice fish. haha. Oh well, good thing I love my hubby no matter what. :)

Mary Richardson said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny you went because I was just talking to Brian about ice fishing the other day and how I think it'd be so scary because I'd constantly be feeling like I'd fall through the ice! You're brave Whit! Well, I was sad we didn't get to see you guys this weekend! We got to see your sisters and they are both so gorgeous! I can't believe how everyone in the big Fennell family clan is all grown up it's so weird!

brittyd said...

Hey Whit! I love your blog, you're so good at updating! And you and Jess are always doin somethin fun! :) Love you guys! :)

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

You guys are such a fun couple! I love how you always do stuff out doors. And yes...we did miss you this weekend, Maddie said you started coming and then turned around...which is okay--because actually got stranded in Rupert for one extra night because the roads were so bad.

Sharlene and Matt said...

you guys are always doing something fun. looks kinda cold. Good thing you have the most positive attitude.

Jackie Norris said...

I'm impressed you went! I am not a fan of the cold...I struggle with the walk to the bus. I'm glad you had a good time!