Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 29, 2008

1st Annual Dickson Turkey Bowl

The day after Thanksgiving, Jess' family decided that they were going to play a simple game of Flag Football. Little did I know that it would turn into such a big deal... and it was so much fun to watch! (I was the photographer on the sidelines =) The entire family joined in (minus Katie since she just had a baby 3 days ago, and Tym because she has been in Texas with Katie and baby Zeke for the past 3 weeks now) Everyone met up over at the park right next to Doug and Tym's house. Jess' older brother, Tom, took this whole game pretty serious - he even made a trophy for the winning team; it was a wooden football that we gave to the MVP (Jared) after the game.
Notice the goofy wardrobe that Jess and his sister Tammy are wearing, it cracks me up!
Also - Jess sticking out his tongue, that shows his personality in every way!!





Here is my husband's UNIQUE football outfit, not too sure why the shorts are over the sweatpants?! I didn't think that would really help keep him warm with how chilly it was outside, but what do I know?!?! Lots of the Dickson kids were wearing gear like that. I just couldn't stop laughing at how creative this family is - they used those long winter socks, the real thick kind, as their 'flags' and stuck them in their pockets. It was quite the show!
Any suggestions on how to get these groady grass stains out of his sweatpants would be greatly appreciated =)


Team Huddle



I thought this was a nice action shot of my hubby - quite the athlete when he wants to be!


"Winners" - Doug, Jared, Karlee, Tammy, Jess, Matt and Trent.


"L" is for Losers - Jill's friend Jedd, Jill, Juston,
Tommy, Lacee and David (Dickson cousin)


Group Photo
It was so much fun to watch this game go on for a little over an hour.. I think Jess really had a good time. Apparently this is going to become a Dickson tradition and I can't wait to see what they come up with to wear next year!

3 comments:

chel said...

What a cool family tradition! Looks like fun. That Dickson family is amazing!

Sharlene and Matt said...

ohh how fun!! you are a fun blogger to read! i love it. good photographer too! did you ever get a name for your studio? And Jills friend- is she next in line to get married? I need to talk to her its been Forever! Love your family!

brittyd said...

Hey Whitni! This is Brittany..George and Steph's daughter :) I love your blog, and I agree with sharlene, you are a fun blogger to read! Oh and I love the outfits they are wearing...SUCH a Dickson thing...trust me, I would know :)I love all the Dickson's! :)