Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Married a Mullet

Being this is Jess' second attempt to wear a mullet fashionably, I have decided to let him have his fun with this 80's hair-do and a "mexy-stache," as he would call his mustache. We have always been known to give nick-names for each other and I hate to discriminate, but his lastest nickname has been Nacho Libre for the last couple of weeks since he adopted this new look.
Here is the BEFORE picture of Jess. My little sister is in beauty school and needs as many boys-haircuts to practice on as she can - so I convinced her that cutting a mullet would teach her alot. Of course Jess couldn't possibly pay someone at Great Clips to cut such a ridiculous style, he had to find someone who would do this for FREE-99!!!

Jess tried sporting a mullet last year a week before we were supposed to get our engagement pictures done. Boy did I have a hay-day with that one! Of course, being the stressed out bride that I was, demanded he return to his stylist and fix that disgusting "thing" so that our pictures would look somewhat normal! Well - since we don't have any pictures coming up for a few months, I gave myself a serious talk and decided it was OK to be a good sport and let Jess enjoy the whole "business-in-the-front, party-in-the-back."

The whole time McKinli was cutting his hair, Matti and I got our giggles out of it saying to eachother, "I'm glad that's his hair and not mine - hahaha!" It was fun to watch McKinli try to keep his hair short on top and long and wavy in the back... Jess was so picky with how he wanted it cut!!!

I knew Jess wouldn't wear his hair like this to work and since he's had THE MULLET he has worn a hat to work everyday, which he usually does anyways, and you cannot even tell that "THING" is under there! So I told myself , "Alright - he'll wear this around for fun for a week, but come Sunday, there's no way Jess would wear a mullet to church! He'll go get it fixed before then. I only have to put up with it for a week!"


BOY WAS I WRONG! Sunday came and he styled his hair with THE MULLET and all. I was shocked because not one person in our ward said anything to him about it! But then again - I'm sure they all WANTED to say something -but didn't!

Well if any of you who read this went to high school with me, you know EXACTLY which group of boys did this exact same thing... and it was hilarious! Only the boys at Bonneville would cut their hair in mullets for PICTURE DAY! (aka Steve Okey, Kevin Wade and Jesse Martin... just to name a few) They were the funniest group of boys and their pictures in our yearbooks are SO SO funny, I still laugh every time I see them! Jess has the exact same personality as those boys... that's why I had to post these pictures because I'm so glad that Jess has such a humorous personality and can enjoy life (with his mullet).... and I can make jokes about it!

5 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....that is so funny!!!!!!! It looks great! :) I hope you took husband and wife photo's with his new look!

Penradicals said...

It's fun to read you blog because I feel like I have gotten to know you guys better. You are great at telling stories.

Trevor and Sydnee Foulger said...

Whitni... all I can say is boy you do have patience. I don't think I would be that tolerable. But then Trevor can't even grow a mustache so I guess I have part of it covered. However, the mullet is something to be laughed at. Ha Ha Ha. I went and looked at the good ole yearbook and laughed my head off at those guys. I am glad that Jess has that type of personality because it fits you so well. You need to post a pic of the front and back views. Tell Jess that he was one crazy guy.
Oh yeah, I can not believe he went to church like that. That is hilarious.

Daniel & Shandi said...

It makes me so happy that you have seen KA also!!!! People ask me how I liked it and I can't even explain it to anyone. I LOVED it. It's so nice that you have seen the show so you can share the excitement and the amazement. Daniel and I did the same thing after and a lot during the show...we would just look over each other...with our eyes wide open and our mouths dropped and just say "wow, what the heck?, this is amazing, no way" It was a blast to watch. I would love to go see there again.

Felicia said...

HAHAHAHA. All I can say is, GO, JESS! I will have to tell Cregg because Jess will be his hero. Cregg used to try to find mullets at the bowling alley when he was in college.