Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

28 Reasons I Love My Mom!

Today, July 28th is my mom's birthday, so I wanted to make a SPECIAL post because I have the greatest mother a girl could ask for, so since she has 28 days for her birthday month, I wanted to list 28 reasons why I think she is so great:

1- We can talk for hours on the phone. I am so grateful I have a mom who loves to listen, and loves to call and chat with me.
2- She motivates me to be an entrepreneur. As far back as I can remember, my mom has thought of a dozen different companies that she could start a business with. She has such a creative mind
and comes up with some AMAZING ideas!
3- She can cook! Her razzleberry pie is to die for!!!!


4- She loves people no matter. I find this to be one of the greatest qualities about my mom - how Christlike she is. My mother is very compassionate, and forgives people constantly.
5- Along with #4, she is very tender-hearted, and sees the good in others that most people wouldn't see on the surface.
6- She is funny funny funny! She has a laugh that brings a smile to your face and has the best sense of humor!
(mom: BFPinkW... think about what that stands for!)

7-My mom brings out the best in people, she believes in you when no one else will.
8-She has a unique relationship with each of my sisters and I. We are all so different and she makes sure that she has a special bond and strong relationship with each of her girls.
9- My mom takes good care of her mom. I hope to have just as strong of a relationship with my mother as she does with hers.

10- She loves dogs!! My mom loves animals, especially her dogs. She treats them as if they were her own children.
11- My mom has a great relationship with my husband, and I love her so much for that. She treats him with so much respect and loves him as if he were her son.
12- She is beautiful both inside and out, she has the light of Christ in her and you can see it in her countenance. Her actions speak far louder than words, and she is a constant example for me to follow.

13-She is a fantastic housekeeper, she cooks great, cleans immaculately, and can tell when her kids just need a shoulder to cry on or a friend to talk to.
14-My mother has a strong testimony. I have never questioned her faith in the gospel or worried about her straying from the church. My mom has again, set a remarkable example for her kids. I am so glad she is a constant in the church.
15- She does fun stuff with her kids. I love that about her. Whether its going to get an ice cream cone, (remember when I ate the wrapper mom!?) going for a walk, taking us on a vacation, she always makes such great memories w/ us!



16- I love how special she makes us feel on our birthdays. She has never forgotten our birthday, and always tells us about the day we were born and makes our special days memorable!
17-She encourages us to do our best.
18-I love how my mom values friendship. She has so many good, close friends that she keeps in touch with and is a great friend to me as well.

19-My mom has been through a lot, and it amazes me each day to hear how strong, motivated, determined, and overall happy she still is with life, even with some of the bad cards she's been dealt. I love that she loves life and can find the good in any situation, which helps me to keep chugging along, her happiness is so encouraging to me. Her will to continually be happy even when life gets you down is something I look up to her so much for.
20-She is so knowledgeable, and in so many areas. She loves to read and to learn, this is such a great quality to have.
21-She has sacrificed many things on our behalf, which is something she is still doing. She is always willing to lend a hand and give service to others.

22-She is a wonderful grandma to little Titan. I am excited to have children one of these days... because they will have an amazing Grandma to spoil them! She is so good to her family!
23-She is a great leader in the gospel, she has always magnified her callings, and is always going the extra mile when it comes to serving in the Church.
24-My mom has always been a great picker-upper. On many occasions, she has sent me cards, flowers, notes of encouragement, and advice to express her love to me. She knows exactly when I need those words of love and it's always RIGHT when I need a boost the most!

25-My mom NEVER gives up, she is not a quitter! Her life theme I guess you could call it, is centered around the children's book, "The little engine that could."
26-She is one of my best friends, along with my husband of course. =0) She knows me better than probably anyone else, and can help me in any situation.
27My mom is an EXCELLENT party planner... she is such a great hostess!!!!

28-My mom is our cheerleader. Whether its a game, talk in church, graduation of some type, anything, my mom is sitting front row cheering her team on! I'm so grateful to have a mom that is so involved and supportive of our lives.
I couldn't ask for a better mother if I wanted to-which I don't! Even through my teenage rebel years =) if that's what you'd call them, she has been by my side through it all and I'm so lucky to call her my mom!
Happy birthday Mom... i love you so much! I hope your birthday is as SPECIAL as you are!!!!

3 comments:

stephanie dickson said...

This is an awesome post!! Your mom is awesome!! It reminds me how great my mom is too!! love ya

Trevor and Sydnee Foulger said...

Whit that was such a nice post. I have always admired your mom. She is an amazing, hard-working, mom. You truly are blessed....

Daniel & Shandi said...

Your mom seems like an amazing lady. I wish I knew her. Very lovely post! I'm sure your mom loved it.