Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 6, 2009

Recent Festivities

Well I have had no time whatsoever to make posts lately, but Jess and I have had quite an eventful summer so far! We have both had our fair share of busy days and lazy days, but all in all the summer has been good to us... minus all the rainfall!!! We have both been working lots of overtime and comp hours at work to try and save up for the vacation days that are coming our way in August and September; I have been going to school throughout the summer - 15 credits this term... Yikers! Plus with photo shoots and keeping up with our yard and housework, we've managed to stay occupied! So in a nutshell, here's what our little Dickson family has been up to:

1- Back in the middle of June, we went camping with Jess' family to a place up the Logan Canyon, just a ways from Bear Lake.. here are a few pix I captured, and NO I'm not in any of them, I looked hideous up there because it poured rain on us quite a bit...


Here is Jess and his nephews Bradon and Trent...

Jess and his older sis Katie cutting down trees for our log bed. Jared, Travis and I helped haul the trees down the mountain side. ** Jess just finished making his nephew a log bed for his birthday, and now we are starting on a log bed for us, which Jess says I am apparently learning how to make this time.


My hot hubby....

2- Lots of boating trips to Pineview. I think that all boating pictures look about the same, but here's a few so you can all get a taste of the fun times ...

My Pop skiing...

My brother Will being a goofball

Cute sister Matti on flag duty

And Jess showing off his sexy white, muscular legs!
And no - I didn't get a picture of me riding the Grandma tube... haha sorry!
3- We lucked out and got ourselves FRONT ROW at a Josh Gracin concert for South Ogden Days two weekends ago! Last year, my mom worked for Crossroads Fitness (who was hosting South Ogden Days) and she hooked us up with backstage VIP passes to see Sammy Kershaw front row. Well this year Jess and I were way bummed out because we didn't have tickets to the show at all. So we showed up that night about half way through the concert.
I smoothe-talked my way in by talking to one of the Security dudes about how bummed out we were that we didn't have tickets and last year we had great seats. He snuck Jess and I in and the next thing we knew, we were front row staring at Josh Gracin as he sang, "I Got Nothin to Lose!" It was so awesome, but unfortunately we only got pictures from the camera on my phone and I can't figure out how to download them onto my computer... sorry! But it was a blast!
4- We had a really fun 4th of July weekend! Our tradition has been to go up to Liberty Days every year... and it is my all time favorite holiday! I love everything about Independence Day!!!
I didn't get many pictures of this event either (I know, what a great photographer I am, huh!?!) but I was too busy savoring all the fun times to worry about snaping away! Here is the only picture I took from the 4th of July, of Jess and his nephew Trent on some sort of truck... thing:


5- Yesterday we celebrated 5 years since our first date! Everyone was making fun of us yesterday because we have an anniversary for something almost every month, haha - but every year up until our wedding we celebrated July 5th as our anniversary because that is such a special day to us. July 5th, 2004, we were set up on a date by our good friend Dan Turner, for Liberty Days. In 2004, the 4th of July fell on a Sunday, so everyone celebrated it the following day, on the 5th. That is why the 4th of July is our favorite holiday and we do something fun together every year on the 5th. I cannot believe I've already known Jess for five whole years! Whew - that's just about a fourth of my life! Here is one of the earliest pictures I have of us together, don't we look so young?!

6 - Also yesterday my little nephew Titan was blessed in church by his Grandpa. It was an emotional day for our family and we felt the spirit very strong - I really believe we grew even closer as a family than we already are.
Doesn't he look like a little glowing angel, sent straight from heaven! Although his angel attire is a bit big on him... oh well, he's still such a handsome stud!



(sorry I posted this pic twice, oh well he's fun to look at!)
So that is our summer so far... many more events to come! Hopefully it won't take me as long to post them next time!

3 comments:

Trevor and Sydnee Foulger said...

How fun Whit. It looks like you guys have been more than busy. But I guess that is life huh? How is the photography coming? You are doing an amazing job.

By the way, that picture of you and Jess of when you guys like were first together is really cute. Remember how long it would take to do your hair like that. So worth it though huh? Ha Ha

chel said...

Great Pictures! I know what WE do as a family but love seeing pics of the stuff when we are not together. So glad you have another wonderful family to be a part of! How lucky!!! Can't wait to see the log bed and I appreciate all your help and yummy salad for Ty's blessing. I always know I can count on you and on Jess. That is a wonderful trait that the two of you have. Love the young picture...even if I was ticked at the two of you at the time...I admit it...I was wrong about the two of you. Turns out you are PERFECT for each other. How could I be wrong? I am usually right on target!;)

Daniel & Shandi said...

What a fun summer so far! GREAT pictures. I'm so glad you caught us all up on what you two have been up to.

Titan is a dang cute baby. Such a cute blessing outfit.

You for sure need to get a picture of you riding the "grandma tube" (haha) Tubing is a blast and should not be shunned!!!

Are we having a family reunion this summer? It would be fun to see you. I hate how busy we get.