Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pioneer Trek


A few months ago, our Bishop asked Jess and I if we would be a Ma and Pa for the Stake Pioneer Trek, and even though we are young enough that we still look like we could be in Mutual - we said YES OF COURSE! It was weird at first because it seems like only yesterday I went on a trek as a young woman - but I had such a good time with my hubby and we got to practice our parenting skills on 8 little hool-i-gans!

The picture above is "our little family." We had four girls, four boys, and a little boy doll that was our baby on the trek. It was SUPER HOT outside, and the trek was up at Hardware Ranch in Logan, UT where there was hardly any shade and temps reaching 100*. We had a few "misfortunes" on the trek.... But that didn't stop our family from having the best time laughing and gaining stronger testimonies together. I had a really neat experience on the Women's Pull that made me appreciate the sacrifices the pioneers made on our behalf so that we can enjoy the blessings of the gospel and temples today.

5 comments:

chel said...

Looks like you two did a great job as "ma" and "pa". So glad you are so willing to accept callings and so proud of the way you share the gospel with the youth in your ward. Looks like fun!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

How fun!!! That would be SO much fun to be the parents! I would love that...i'll bet the kids LOVED you guys as their Ma & Pa! I LOVED the trek I went on too...they are such a great experience

Mary Richardson said...

That's so neat you got to be the Ma and Pa! I love treks, they are such a neat experience that I hope I can do one again someday too since I'm not in young women's anymore!

Natalie said...

How cool you got to be a Ma and Pa on trek. We did too!!! I haven't posted about it yet - but wasn't it such a great experience. I bet your family had a great time having you guys as their parents.

Daniel & Shandi said...

You guys are so cute and fun! I'm sure all the kids LOVED you both.